Jim Barna is one of the most recognized log home manufacturers in the United States and internationally. We started manufacturing Kiln-Dried, Milled, Pre-cut log home kits to serve the domestic market in 1976 and started to deliver to international destinations in 1983.
Quality & Brand:
Jim Barna Log & Timber Homes offers superior quality, original American Log Home products that meet or exceed the strictest building code requirements.
Variety of building systems, Unique products:
High quality products including a variety of log profiles, wood species and conventional materials. Jim Barna also offers special items and building systems including but not limited to:
- Eastern White Pine with the best insulation value amongst all softwood species;
- Round logs: Solid, milled, kiln-dried, with saddle notch corners; Available in 8”, 9”, 10”, 12” Diameter;
- Square logs: Solid, milled, kiln-dried logs with Appalachian dove-tail corners; 6x12, 8x12, 9x12 &10x12 ;
- Full “D” logs (round on the exterior and flat on the interior) with saddle notch corners also available;
- Insulated half log systems with full log corners also available ( can be used for additions to existing structures with matching log profile (no settling issues), or in areas with special building Regulations;
- Draw-knifed surface for round logs;
- Hewn surfaces for both square logs & square log siding (Both hand and machine hewing available);
- Matching log siding for the different log profiles (with or without full log corners upon request).
- Large diameter, Rustic, Hand-peeled posts available up to 16” for porch support, girder support posts to replace Jim Barna’s standard, milled posts, upon request;
90 percent of our high quality log homes are custom homes and primary residences. Jim Barna Log & Timber Homes has also been involved in large log-home development projects as well as restaurant, hotel and other commercial projects. While most of our distributors offer planning services through trusted local architects, Jim Barna’s drafting department also offers design and drafting services that first captures on paper your dream log home and then translate these into accurately milled and manufactured products. We work from sketches or floor-plans provided by customers. We also customize standard models upon request. Please submit any special code requirements so that we can incorporate those into your design. Our process is also friendly to the revisions that are normal as you continue to refine your house plans.
You get answers promptly, in a timely and thorough manner. Buying a home or starting a distributorship is a learning process. You can except to learn how things are done, why they are done, and what the benefits are to you as a customer.
Standing behind our products:
We own our mistakes. Should we ship an incorrect item, we replace it at no cost to you.
Jim Barna Log & Timber Homes welcomes new distributor applicants.